Monday, May 2, 2016

Ex-Me: Evolution

The sky was grey, and the morning unpromising, as I stepped out onto the wet porch, tossing scraps to the chickens.  The air was damp and the wind chilled my skin, bringing the scent of cold spring rain to tickle my nostrils.  I hurried back into the warmth, just as the kettle whistled.  Tea was just what I needed to calm my senses and center my focus.  I sat down to my laptop, excited and eager to begin this new project.  I had decided that I was finally going to be a blogger.

It's just past ten a.m, on a damp and dreary morning, here in upstate New York.  So far, the day has not at all gone as planned.  Truthfully, my day was not entirely stone-etched at any rate.  But still, waking hours before planned and being forced to abandon a relaxed morning on your day off is not exactly ideal.

On the brighter side of the hill, while enduring the unexpected this morning, I stumbled across a good read of a blog.  (You can find the blog here.) So good was the writing, that I was inspired to begin blogging again myself.

In a distant past- as a different me- I had tried to blog, but found myself lacking enthusiasm for it as time went on.  I abandoned the project in short order, though to be honest I don't recall precisely why.  I have a hunch that it may have been for lack of readers and feedback, as it was at a time in my life that I felt a deep-seated aching to be recognized by others as talented, and for that matter as existing.  At any rate, that blog has come and passed (though you can still find it at arpeggiatedthinking.blogspot.com, under an entirely different pseudonym).  I really quite liked my writing there, but life has handed me buckets and buckets of lemons since then- and occasionally some vodka to make the most of them- shifting and altering my perspectives and aspirations.  As the time has passed, my entire being has evolved in ways I never knew possible for me, and the plot of my story has changed to such an extent that it is no longer the same novel, let alone chapter.  That being said, the time has come for me to take up writing in a new forum.

If you're wondering about the content of my blog, the answer is: well, life.  I'll be honest, I lacked creative juices this morning while attempting to conceive a title for  my blog, and ultimately decided upon something that seemed all-encompassing, while still mildly quirky.  I'm a writer, a nerd, a makeup geek, a bibliophile, a plus size stylista (no, not fashionista, I don't give a pig's butt about being trendy); I'm a girl with way too many dreams and hobbies to fit into one sentence.  My blog will probably be akin to a journal, cataloging my struggles, as I attempt to be the best version of me.  Hopefully someone will stumble upon it and find it interesting.  Or maybe it will just be a way for me to see years down the road what I was like in years past.  Either way, I'm a writer, and I'm going to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment